Home User Control Panel Members List FAQ Search Mark Forums Read
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madrid and Barcelona Restaurants

Going in two weeks. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Alan Gottlieb

Re: Madrid and Barcelona Restaurants

Barcelona
    Depending on where you're willing to travel in and around BCN, you could check out the following: http://www.bcnrestaurantes.com/eng/b...rante=catalina

The price fix was stellar. That stated, the chef personally served us because it was a slow night. Be prepared(I'm sure you're already aware) to start eating dinner at circa 9PM...that's when places open their doors.

If you want to travel beyond BCN, then there are two restaurants that are pricey within reach that, again, I'm sure you're aware of: http://www.ruscalleda.com/principal.php?ididioma=en
    http://www.cellercanroca.com/PORTADA/intro.htm

Have a great time,

Comment

Alan
      in Barcelona try Monvinic (great wine bar) and Vaso de Oro for tapas
      in Madrid try Taberna Laredo (make sure you book a table )
      ITB Brunello Producer

Comment

Thanks
        Alan Gottlieb

Comment

In Barcelona, for tapas two that we enjoyed were Cal Pep (small place, sit at the counter) and Cerveseria Catalana. We did not always wait for the late night dinners and Catalana was a great place for an early dinner. Tapas places are good for a late breakfast also.

Comment

For Barcelona:
            If you can't make it to Valencia then this is a great place for paella

http://www.7portes.com/

Also, for breakfast or merienda (that little snack between lunch and dinner) check out:
            http://www.pasteleriasmauri.com/

Don't forget, lunch starts around 2, dinner is at 10.

Have fun! Report back to us when you return!

Comment

The link to Mauri doesn't really work but if you ask Donde esta Mauri, anyone will know.

cheers!

Comment

When visiting Barcelona, Inopia owned by AlbertAdria (Ferran’s brother) and Tapas 24 are 2 places worth visiting for tapas……………..Ifyou’re adventurous, La Zapateria in Madrid makes pig ears that are to die for!
                "Csalódott vagyok, hogy a kiküldött e vad szar hír"

Comment

www.jamonisimo.com in Barcelona is a great place for tasting a variety of Iberico Jamons. It's a deli with a few tables.

Comment

just a couple more in Barcelona:

Seafood: Botafumeiro
                    - like stepping into a 70's James Bond movie (waiters in white tux, maritime 70's interior) Service is plentiful and excellent and seafood great. Dishes are classic and simple and simply great. Not cheap but good value.

Tapas: Taverna del Clinic
                    - super food - semi-modern with classic ingredients. Good wine list. Quite modern interior, a bit noisy and very little space, but it is still the right place to go!

I went to 7 Portes and left disappointed. Service was rude and indifferent. Too many bland dishes and wine serving temperatures were way off.

Disclaimer: I only went once to each of these places.

/Ulrich

Comment

Thanks to all.
                      Alan Gottlieb

Comment

FOr Barcelona: Inopia closed last summer. I'll second Tapas 24 and 7 Portes. I liked Cuines Santa Caterina's tapas bar also. But my dinner at Alkimia (a couple blocks from the Sagrada Familia) was one of the finest dining experiences of my lifetime, and I'd recommend it highly.
                        That's me, Graham Bowles, and my sweetie Kathleen on Valentine's Night 2010.

Comment

Thread started by an RobertParker subscriberThread started by an RobertParker subscriber
                        Thread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewerThread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewer
                        No new posts No new posts  
                        Closed Thread Thread is closed Thread Contains a Message Written By You You have posted in this thread
                        Working...
                        X