This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News On Wine-Journal Forum

This is just a forewarning that this forum will cease in a few day's time, a decision taken by myself. Over the last few years, I have enjoyed having my own space to interact with readers. However, I am constantly faced with the dilemma of knowing exactly where to post threads, either on the main forum on here since there is a lot of overlap between the two, especially on the subject of Bordeaux and in the future, Burgundy.

I will continue to post as regularly as I can on the main Forum. Thanks for your understanding.

With regards
    Neal

Re: News On Wine-Journal Forum

Hi Neal,
    I quite understand although I'm sorry to read the news. There's obviously a lot of overlap concerning wine, but your forum doesn't (didn't) only concern wine. It provided a cosy little corner for discussing other subjects, notably music. I know there are outlets for this on the main forum, but it won't be quite the same. Oh well!

Did you see Yeah Yeah Yeahs on Jools? Great stuff, good album too, as is Valerie June's, amongst recent releases.

Enjoy Burgundy!

Cheers,
    Julian
    Julian Marshall

Comment

I support the decision, if you care for my opinion.
      I wish, on the other hand to see more of your participation in the forum.
      It makes it very rewarding getting your opinions and feed back on issues discussed here. The more you and the other critics participate, the more likely it is going to be lively and attract followers.
      Giuseppe Ciardi
      DISCLOSURE: I am a wine consumer, I like to drink well and get good value for money. I like Bordeaux because it is the only region I know a little bit of. I love good wine and I like to share it with friends. I buy retail from merchants, en primeur as well as mature stock. I found myself in an unpredictable situation when the prices shot up. So, now I try to buy 2 cases to drink one and sell the other at a premium later to lower my cost of drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Giuseppe Ciardi
        I support the decision, if you care for my opinion.
        I wish, on the other hand to see more of your participation in the forum.
        It makes it very rewarding getting your opinions and feed back on issues discussed here. The more you and the other critics participate, the more likely it is going to be lively and attract followers.
        +1

Comment

Hi Julian (M)
          I have been thinking about that. Let me have a think and see where we can discuss music because there is so much good stuff at the moment (although I am presently listening to some old Pale Saints CDs.)
          Rgds
          Neal

Comment

Neil,

As for me your are the most reliable wine critic it is sad to see this dedicated forum go away. Make sure, please, we can search on your name and not miss an thread!

Thanks much for your great contributions!

Eugene

Comment

Yes, don't worry. I think it would be a good idea to have some kind of marker, especially as in the future you should see not just myself, but all contributors participating. And I am still thinking about the music...I know that Luis is really into music having been a writer on rock music in his youth!
              Rgds
              Neal

Comment

Thread started by an RobertParker subscriberThread started by an RobertParker subscriber
              Thread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewerThread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewer
              No new posts No new posts  
              Closed Thread Thread is closed Thread Contains a Message Written By You You have posted in this thread
              Working...
              X