No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• l'Eglise Clinet

Hi Neal,

Sounds like it's one of if not the wine of the vintage for 2012. However, would be really interested to hear your thoughts on the 2012 vs. for example the 2004 and 2001, both of which I see you rated highly but which remain available at prices not far above (2001) or indeed below (2004) that at which the 2012 will probably be released.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: l'Eglise Clinet

You know, I think 2012 L'Eglise-Clinet is worth buying. What I like is that Denis Durantou prices all his other excellent wines at fantastic prices, so I think he has the right to charge what he feels is right for L'Eglise-Clinet. When you compare prices against Lafleur or Petrus, it seems cheap. And I think that he has been so damn consistent, so at the top of his game for the last 15 years, that in the future collectors will be wishing that had bought more of this wine (which remember, is less than half the size of Petrus.)

I would buy the 2001 as I love the vintage, and a little 2012.
    Rgds
    Neal

Comment

Yes, I guess looking at it relatively hides the fact that for the quality of wine, they're all pretty compelling and should probably be stashed in the cellar! Useful to have a relative feel for 2001 vs 2012 though, so thanks for that.

Kind regards,

Matt

PS - replied on the other thread via PM as had my address in it; on my question in that message re 90s Pomerol, I had been looking at 90 or 98 VCC, so any thoughts on those (or indeed others) very much appreciated. Cheers.

Comment

Neal, I'd also be curious to know where the 2011 stacks up alongside other recent vintages...
        I realise it wasn't a great year, but my sense was that Eglise Clinet was one of the standout performers - and it's still pretty cheap..
        Erik Portanger

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Portanger
          Neal, I'd also be curious to know where the 2011 stacks up alongside other recent vintages...
          I realise it wasn't a great year, but my sense was that Eglise Clinet was one of the standout performers - and it's still pretty cheap..
          You've got the 08 Eglise Clinet right? It's still only GBP1,250.... don't think I paid less for the 2011 (and I clearly prefer the 08, but that's just me)

Comment

Thread started by an RobertParker subscriberThread started by an RobertParker subscriber
          Thread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewerThread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewer
          No new posts No new posts  
          Closed Thread Thread is closed Thread Contains a Message Written By You You have posted in this thread
          Working...
          X