Mark Squires' Bulletin Board on RobertParker.com
Home User Control Panel Members List FAQ Search Mark Forums Read
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you aware of RMP's ratings when you rate a wine?

Neal,

Just wondering, when you rate the latest Bdx vintage, are you aware of RMP's notes beforehand? Or do you choose not to read them in advance?

Thx.
    Angelo Manioudakis

Re: Are you aware of RMP's ratings when you rate a wine?

Now that's a very good question. Let me tell you straight - in all the primeurs I have done since joining TWA in 2006 I have never known a single score. Not an inkling. We taste separately and at different times, my trip usually a week or two later. I occasionally meet Bob for early morning breakfast if our trips overlap, but even then we both avoid the subject. I think that is one of strengths - getting two completely independent perspectives. And I usually post my scores before TWA just to reinforce that point that I am not influenced in any way. This year was slightly different because en primeur was later. My scores ended up being published just after TWA, though my reports were filed around April 21st, the night before I left for Baltimore.

The only time we taste together is when we meet up in Baltimore and he generously raids his cellar.
    Rgds
    Neal

Comment

So, what was your score for Nenin ?
      Not to get technical......but according to chemistry, alcohol is a solution.

Comment

It will be in the Pomerol report due early next with, along with Saint Emilion. But actually I do think this is a fast-improving vineyards since Jean-Hubert Delon "rejigged" the holdings and declassified the sandier parts.
        Rgds
        Neal

Comment

Neal,

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I agree that the independence is very important and am very glad to hear that you feel the same way.

Cheers,
          Angelo
          Angelo Manioudakis

Comment

Thanks Neal..........I'm trying not to buy but the pressure is mounting
            Not to get technical......but according to chemistry, alcohol is a solution.

Comment

Thread started by an RobertParker subscriberThread started by an RobertParker subscriber
            Thread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewerThread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewer
            No new posts No new posts  
            Closed Thread Thread is closed Thread Contains a Message Written By You You have posted in this thread
            Working...
            X