No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue 202

Hi Lisa,

Just wondering if you will be reviewing the current releases of Moss Wood, Leeuwin, Fraser Gallop and Alkoomi in the Western Australia segment of issue 202 at the end of this month? What is your overall impression of the 2010/2011 WA wines?

Cheers,

Nick

Re: Issue 202

Hi Nick - really sorry about the delayed response. Would have liked to have given you a sneak-peek at the report but I was in Manila last week and while I could view the Bulletin Board, for some reason my laptop / connection wouldn't let me reply. I'll get it sorted before I travel next. Anyway, as you can see the report is now up. 2010 & 2011 were great vintages in WA all around, as you'll see from the title: "Fine & Sunny. Again." The only winery you mention that wasn't included in the report was Alkoomi. They were just a little late getting their new releases to me but I'll make sure the tasting notes are added to the database by next month.
    Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW
      ...."Fine & Sunny. Again."....
      I hope that the US finds them "Fine and Sunny," again. Because, right now, it's Doom and Gloom. I clicked through a lot of the 186 you had reviewed and found not a single bottle sold in here. The feature says "No Retailers Listing Found."

Lisa, I enjoyed reading the notes on many of the wines, as well as your introduction.

Best,

Kenney

Comment

Hi Kenney - this is so disappointing though not shocking to hear. Western Australia should particularly excite winos who want to experience a completely "different" taste of Australia than the better known South Australian styles (e.g. Barossa, Clare Valley, McLaren Vale, etc.). Even if you consider areas such as Margaret River in a global context, some of the Cabernet Sauvignons and Chardonnays rank amongst the best in the world while being altogether unique from say Bordeaux, Burgundy or California offerings. Ah well, as the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
        Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW
          Hi Kenney - this is so disappointing though not shocking to hear. Western Australia should particularly excite winos who want to experience a completely "different" taste of Australia than the better known South Australian styles (e.g. Barossa, Clare Valley, McLaren Vale, etc.). Even if you consider areas such as Margaret River in a global context, some of the Cabernet Sauvignons and Chardonnays rank amongst the best in the world while being altogether unique from say Bordeaux, Burgundy or California offerings. Ah well, as the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
          I tasted the Leeuwin Riesling art series recently. Thought it was a very crisp, refreshing wine with a nice citrus twinge to it.

Comment

Lisa

Thank you for your excellent articles and reviews on Western Australia. I appreciated your mentioning of the Great Southern region which is not so well known. One subregion that I discovered during my visit in 2005 was Pemberton. In particular I enjoyed my visit to Picardy. Bill and Dan Pannell led me through their Chardonnay and Pinot which I think is some of the best Burgundian-style wine in Australia. I hope to return there in October.

Thanks again,

Dick

Comment

Thread started by an RobertParker subscriberThread started by an RobertParker subscriber
            Thread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewerThread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewer
            No new posts No new posts  
            Closed Thread Thread is closed Thread Contains a Message Written By You You have posted in this thread
            Working...
            X