Home User Control Panel Members List FAQ Search Mark Forums Read
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore

My wife and I will say goodbye to our daugther who enrolled in Johns Hopkins . Can somebody please give suggestions for a nice restaurant , not too far away from the Hyatt regency ? We don't want it to be too fancy , just great fun and a nice view if possible.
    Herwig

Re: Baltimore

Congrats on your daughter's enrollment in Johns Hopkins. She is off to an amazing start!

It's been years since I lived in the area so I can't recal names, but I do remember a very small "Little Italy" section that had some nice restaurants. It's walking distance from the downtown Harbor area. Might be worth checking out...Otherwise, there are plenty of fun restaurants on the Harbor to check out.

Jason

Comment

I believe blue crabs are in season now. Most places that serve fresh crab are pretty casual and fun since you are eating with your hands and a hammer.

I graduated Hopkins in 99 and I go back to Baltimore every year with friends for Preakness. Unfortunately, I cannot recall where we normally go for our crabs, but everybody has their personal favorite place. Taxis in Baltimore aren't too expensive either if you need to go to Fell's Point, Federal Hill or somewhere else in the city.

Comment

I had a good meal at Pisces many years ago, but it looks as thought this is now closed.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

Comment

Herwig, I sent you a Private Message
          "The Daily News asks her for the dope;
          She said, 'Man, the dope's that there's still hope!'"

Comment

Not sure how far away this place is, but you should think about it.

http://www.woodberrykitchen.com/

Another good option.

http://www.theblackolive.com/

It is a little bit too well styled and slightly over priced but,....

http://www.cgeno.com/
            If I had my way, I'd have all of you shot. In the flesh(II) Pink Floyd

Comment

Thread started by an RobertParker subscriberThread started by an RobertParker subscriber
            Thread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewerThread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewer
            No new posts No new posts  
            Closed Thread Thread is closed Thread Contains a Message Written By You You have posted in this thread
            Working...
            X