Home User Control Panel Members List FAQ Search Mark Forums Read
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leaving the Wine Advocate Team

David, this is a huge loss for me. I love your palate, have learned a great deal from your writing (and bulletin board contributions) and I enjoy your use of language so much that I apparently have more patience than what some others describe. I'll be eagerly awaiting your reappearance. I've subscribed to every publication for which you have written thus far, and will hope for the opportunity to do so again.
    Charles

Comment

Best of luck, sir. You always did a good job of telling the story behind the wines, and I enjoyed your coverage.
      2016 WOTY: 2005 Saxum Rocket Block / 2005 Saxum JBV 44 / 2011 SQN Dark Blossom Syrah / 2010 Shafer HSS / 2012 Aubert Sugar Shack Chard / 2013 Clos Erasmus
      2015 WOTY: 2007 Shafer HSS / 2007 SQN Pictures Grenache / 2007 Saxum JBV
      2014 WOTY: 2003 SQN Papa / 2007 Marcassin Pinot Noir
      2013 WOTY: 1989 Château Haut-Brion / 2001 Château d'Yquem
      2012 WOTY: 2001 Harlan Estate
      2011 WOTY: 2003 Château Latour Grand Vin

Comment

David,

Your writing is outstanding. Probably the best at TWA. You will be missed.

Comment

Very sad to hear you're leaving, David, but excited about following you in the next phase of your life as I have since the days at Pearson's.
          Please do keep me in the loop and let me know if I can help in any way.
          Pierre

Comment

David's analyses are second to none. David is easily the most genuinely gifted, profusely respectful, and intensely passionate man whom I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Wherever it is that David plans to deepen his investigations into a few growing regions and to writing more broadly about wine, I will happily pay the admission fee.

The only thing larger than one of his tasting notes is his heart.

Wherever he goes, he'll be a smashing success, so I'm not concerned a bit about his departure.

To bigger and better things

Best,

Kenney

Comment

David- Good luck in all your future endeavors. Loved your erudite and scholastic prose, although I am still searching for a number of aroma/taste descriptors in the wines that you have reviewed- verbena, peony, narcissus, heliotrope, white cherries and white currants!!!! Wha, wha, wha, what!??

You and TT were instrumental in my exploration, buying and then cellaring a number of superb Germans, Austrians & Alsatians. I love aged, unabashedly sweet German rieslings, and I am still figuring out the GG bandwagon of late, but remain open to tasting and exploring these as well. I am looking forward to opening a number of 1990's Germans over this summer, and a number of late 1990's Krachers that I could obtain at <30$/bottle!!

Best wishes...

Raj

Comment

Congratulations for the great job done, David.
                Good luck.

Guilherme

Comment

David, you were/are one of my favorite critics, bar none. You brought a level of detail to your work that is exceedingly rare for someone in your line of work, and it was much appreciated by me. I do want to know some information about the winemaker, the winery, the process of winemaking, when I read a review. Your reviews oftentimes had many of the above. Good luck with future endeavors...

Comment

Thread started by an RobertParker subscriberThread started by an RobertParker subscriber
                  Thread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewerThread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewer
                  No new posts No new posts  
                  Closed Thread Thread is closed Thread Contains a Message Written By You You have posted in this thread
                  Working...
                  X