Home User Control Panel Members List FAQ Search Mark Forums Read
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, where have you gone Italy

Not a word heard from Monica since the February issue! Essentially no involvement on this board. It's no wonder that many of us who enjoy the wines of Italy are spending more and more time at Vinous. I'd love to have Monica post regularly, but to date it has not been a priority. Personally, I am not happy with her missing the deadline for issue 212. What say you, my fellow Ebobers?
    Michael Liberman

Re: Oh, where have you gone Italy

Lengthy vacation?
    Jörgen Lindström Carlvik
    ITB!!! SWEDISH WINE IMPORTER, SOMMELIER AND WINE EDUCATOR FOCUSING ON "PRETTY GOOD WINES" www.brixwine.se

Comment

I remember Daniel Thomases. Hmm. Why did his name come to mind?
      Bruce Maddox

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Liberman
        Not a word heard from Monica since the February issue! Essentially no involvement on this board. It's no wonder that many of us who enjoy the wines of Italy are spending more and more time at Vinous. I'd love to have Monica post regularly, but to date it has not been a priority. Personally, I am not happy with her missing the deadline for issue 212. What say you, my fellow Ebobers?
        I wouldn't call it extensive, but an Advanced Search using her User Name produces quite a few posts/comments since the beginning of March, with perhaps the most recent being April 28. So, I am not sure this is entirely fair. She was on the big Asia Trip in March and posted about that ... Said she was off to VinItaly for a couple of days and posted about that ... Has commented on a few tasting notes ... Cannot call it "no involvement". Cannot dispute that many of us are eager for even more, however.

Comment

Hi Brian

I disagree as I feel that she has not been active here. On the other hand, Jeb has jumped right in. Maybe it's a matter of expectations on my part. I was used to Antonio having a distinct presence here for many years and he continues to do so at Vinous. It is obvious that when he left the Italian traffic reduced significantly. Perhaps if Monica posted regularly, on different topics, regions, Video's, restaurants, etc in Italy we'd all be a little happier. Just my opinion.
          Michael Liberman

Comment

TWA has made it clear (by their coverage) that the emphasis is on Napa and Bordeaux. It seems everything else takes a back seat.

Comment

Since the inception of Vinous the Italian BB traffic (here) has slowed to a trickle.... Not going to place all the blame Monica for this... Fact is, many of the boards most knowledgeable Italian wine lovers have left the building, or just don't post as often. Sad, I find traffic in general has fallen off on the BB. Seems as if there are only a handful of subjects that draw attention anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by Evan T. Lipovsky
                TWA has made it clear (by their coverage) that the emphasis is on Napa and Bordeaux. It seems everything else takes a back seat.
                The Overpriced Wine Advocate.
                David M. Bueker

No matter how closely I study it,
                No matter how I take it apart,
                No matter how I break it down,
                It remains consistent.

Comment

Gosh, this all seems a bit harsh. I love Italian wines, and I think Monica's done a good job so far - and I clearly recall many posts by her here on the boards, although perhaps she's not hitting on topics that make others happy. However, I place greater weight on a reviewer's contribution to the Wine Advocate, and I don't keep score on their bulletin board posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Horoschak
                    Gosh, this all seems a bit harsh. I love Italian wines, and I think Monica's done a good job so far - and I clearly recall many posts by her here on the boards, although perhaps she's not hitting on topics that make others happy. However, I place greater weight on a reviewer's contribution to the Wine Advocate, and I don't keep score on their bulletin board posts.
                    I guess this is a bit of a "chicken and the egg" issue. I see her post frequently when there are Italian questions or TNs. But there aren't enough of those. I see her post occasionally her own post with some reaction from the Board. Seems like if both sides posted a little more often, the traffic and dialogue would be to everyone's benefit and appreciation.

Comment

Thread started by an RobertParker subscriberThread started by an RobertParker subscriber
                    Thread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewerThread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewer
                    No new posts No new posts  
                    Closed Thread Thread is closed Thread Contains a Message Written By You You have posted in this thread
                    Working...
                    X