Home User Control Panel Members List FAQ Search Mark Forums Read
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Quilceda Creek cabernet

Four bottles of this just arrived. I must have ordered it but have no recolllection. I do have a mini-collection of the wines and would have hated to miss another great vintage - but know nothing at all about this vintage. Anyone know anyhing about the '08s?? All input appreciated. Surely, someone else must have ordered this as well. Are you going to force me to open one???
    Steve

Re: 2008 Quilceda Creek cabernet

Yeah interested here as well, just bought some via the retail side last week
    2016 WOTY: 2005 Saxum Rocket Block / 2005 Saxum JBV 44 / 2011 SQN Dark Blossom Syrah / 2010 Shafer HSS / 2012 Aubert Sugar Shack Chard / 2013 Clos Erasmus
    2015 WOTY: 2007 Shafer HSS / 2007 SQN Pictures Grenache / 2007 Saxum JBV
    2014 WOTY: 2003 SQN Papa / 2007 Marcassin Pinot Noir
    2013 WOTY: 1989 Château Haut-Brion / 2001 Château d'Yquem
    2012 WOTY: 2001 Harlan Estate
    2011 WOTY: 2003 Château Latour Grand Vin

Comment

Here is what Washington Wine report wrote for what its worth.

"Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley 2008 $125
      Rating: ** (Exceptional) Dark in color. Rich aromas of blackberries, mocha, licorice, earth, and spice. An opulent, expansive wine that opens up and spreads out across the palate. Beautifully structured with the tannins to go the distance. Capped off by an extended finish. 98% Cabernet Sauvignon, 2% Merlot. Champoux, Klipsun, and Taptiel vineyards. Aged 22 months in 100% new French oak. 15.2% alcohol. Sampled at 68 degrees."

Yes, it doesn't shed that much light on it for me either - other than it is good.

Jeff

Best Wines so far in 2014:
      Still waiting.

Comment

Steve,

Ignore all prior notes on the '08 QC. Immediately send all four bottles to me. I will see to their proper disposal.

Lew

Comment

Looking at the score history, QC is THE GREATEST NEW WORLD WINE.
          And yet it was released with no score from the Wine Advocate.
          Some advocate huh?
          Cold Case Wine Storage
          "Then, at a particular corner of the gooseberry patch, the change came" -That Hideous Strength

Comment

Subscribe to cellartracker.com.......5+ tasting notes....
            http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=873928

thanks Eric L.
            wine geek, non-ITB...Karma Believer
            IG Bandonista
            @smiledoctor
            FB Gray Grieve

Comment

08 as a vintage has a lot of qualities of 07, good fruit, and ripe tannins, but better freshness and acidity IMO. The wines of the vintage just taste fresher and more lively at this point. Reminds me of a hypothetical blend of 1999 and 2005.

Broad generalization across a vintage, so hope it helps.
              Kris

ITB- assume I sell everything. Its easier for me that way.

2008 Ebob Fantasy Baseball Champion

Comment

4 bottles @ $125 per that you don't remember ordering?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Nuzzo
                  Looking at the score history, QC is THE GREATEST NEW WORLD WINE.
                  And yet it was released with no score from the Wine Advocate.
                  Some advocate huh?
                  Hello Don
                  I will be in Washington from June 5 to June 19 with a visit to QC an annual event. What I've decided to do is to start reporting on barrel samples of the vintage subsequent to the one in bottle (2008) at as many of the top wineries as possible in order to provide more information for buying decisons.

As for QC, if I were a gambler, i'd be buying. Their track record for consistency and Washington's history of little variation in vintage from year to year make this as sure a bet as the Red Sox winning the pennant this season (psych!)

MrBigJ
                  Jay Stuart Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Stuart Miller
                    Hello Don
                    I will be in Washington from June 5 to June 19 with a visit to QC an annual event. What I've decided to do is to start reporting on barrel samples of the vintage subsequent to the one in bottle (2008) at as many of the top wineries as possible in order to provide more information for buying decisons.

As for QC, if I were a gambler, i'd be buying. Their track record for consistency and Washington's history of little variation in vintage from year to year make this as sure a bet as the Red Sox winning the pennant this season (psych!)

MrBigJ
                    uh oh
                    Jonathan Goldman
                    www.oropurovineyards.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Goldman
                      uh oh
                      They are almost at .500 again! There is hope as long as Crawford remembers how to hit a baseball at some point this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Lew Rodrick
                        Steve,

Ignore all prior notes on the '08 QC. Immediately send all four bottles to me. I will see to their proper disposal.
                        OK, sounds good - but send me back the labels - that's my new important collectible. it has been a while since we shared wine. Not your fault too.
                        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Begos
                          4 bottles @ $125 per that you don't remember ordering?
                          Sometimes stuff like ths happens. Frankly, I thought I had decided to pass it up - but I guess not. This is why I have more wine than I can possibly drink - unless I start doing a bottle a day and buy nothing else for a couple of years. Now, take my book collection - please (as in take my wife).
                          Steve

Comment

I be more then happy to take your book collection along with any of your art work!

Originally posted by Steven Wolfe
                            Sometimes stuff like ths happens. Frankly, I thought I had decided to pass it up - but I guess not. This is why I have more wine than I can possibly drink - unless I start doing a bottle a day and buy nothing else for a couple of years. Now, take my book collection - please (as in take my wife).

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Stuart Miller
                              Hello Don
                              What I've decided to do is to start reporting on barrel samples of the vintage subsequent to the one in bottle (2008) at as many of the top wineries as possible in order to provide more information for buying decisons.

MrBigJ
                              Love it, thanks, should be fun for you!
                              wine geek, non-ITB...Karma Believer
                              IG Bandonista
                              @smiledoctor
                              FB Gray Grieve

Comment

Thread started by an RobertParker subscriberThread started by an RobertParker subscriber
                              Thread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewerThread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewer
                              No new posts No new posts  
                              Closed Thread Thread is closed Thread Contains a Message Written By You You have posted in this thread
                              Working...
                              X