No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN: Chablis La Forest 2000 R & V Dauvissat

Wonderfull bottle of Chablis!

The color is light to medium yellow/gold. This wine still looks young. On the nose there is citrus and tart apple fruit, but the mineral and seashell and aged Chablis aromas are starting to come through. On the palate it is a model of balance and contrast. Very nice fruit, sort of sweet and tart apple is balanced by nice acidity. I would say the wine seems younger on the palate then the nose would lead you to believe. The finish on this wine is outstanding, long, crisp and intense. Everything is in balance and complimentary on this wine.

Very enjoyable! $29 on release in the olden days.
    Daniel

Re: TN: Chablis La Forest 2000 R & V Dauvissat

daniel- thanks so much for the note- we are having this as part of our new year's celebration tomorrow night= gonna have it with some yellowtail toro sashimi- one of many but i have not had this before; a gift from none other than jamie kutch- sounds like a good match for the fish!
    Jonathan Goldman
    www.oropurovineyards.com

Comment

Re: TN: Chablis La Forest 2000 R & V Dauvissat

Daniel, had this recently and was as impressed as you. A superb wine not to be missed, I am sadly out of it... A great NYE wine Jonathan.
      "...sure I love these great Rhone and Bordeaux..., now would that be a bottle of Burgundy we see over there."

Comment

Thread started by an RobertParker subscriberThread started by an RobertParker subscriber
      Thread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewerThread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewer
      No new posts No new posts  
      Closed Thread Thread is closed Thread Contains a Message Written By You You have posted in this thread
      Working...
      X