Home User Control Panel Members List FAQ Search Mark Forums Read
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN: 2005 Roumier Chambolle-Musigny

I admit. I have an unnatural attraction to this wine.
    I take full responsibility.
    My goodness. This always produces. Tonight with a basic pot roast, this is
    absolutely stunning.

2005 Roumier Chambolle-Musigny

Darker fruit on the nose on opening. With time this fleshes out. A really bright searing core of red fruit. Penetrating on the nose and palate. This is at once very powerful and elegant. A really long finish. Well beyond its lowly status as a village wine. Stunning even now as it starts to close a little.

Michael. I still have 15 or so left. I will do my best to lay off but no promises.

Don
    "We are all mortal until the first kiss and the second glass of wine." Eduardo Galeano

"Partaking of wine is a matter of moderation. Wine warms us and invigorates us; we offer it to the weak for comfort ... Sobriety is not abstinence from this delicious beverage; it is moderation. "
    St. Thomas Acquinas 12 century AD

Re: TN: 2005 Roumier Chambolle-Musigny

Don, sounds fantastic. I love young wines so no complaints here. If you need any help with the other fifteen you know where to find me . . .

Comment

Again?
      They call me Sir-Mix-A-Lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Bowden
        Again?
        My thoughts as well
        Alan Gottlieb

Comment

I hope one of those last 15 shows up at one of our little get togethers in the future.
          Happy New Year Don.
          "Consistency was and is the holy grail of Pinot Noir. It's like a Grateful Dead show; when it's great it is so unbelievably great, but when it's not, it's well......"Andrea Immer

www.decaturwineandfooddude.com

Comment

LOL Don. How many times have you had this so far? I have been at it twice, but luckily someone else's bottle both times.

This is a baby for sure, and I always advocate tasting a wine young when possible- but this is a rare case where I think a person is going to miss out by not opening this young a time or two. It is that good and showing that well...
            Tom.

Comment

Hi Don,

Glad to see it still works for you...based on your earlier notes I bought loads of this...haven't tried one from my stash yet (that I recall...did we have this at LPdH?).

What do you think...are they closing up? Leave 'em for how long?

Comment

I had the 04 and 05 the same night one after the other... and preferred the 04. Tough wines to judge when so young, but honestly I didn't love either.
                The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Comment

Don

Was this the regular, village bottling?

Comment

Thanks for the note, Don. I've had one of my 05 Roumier CMs, and I agree with you-- it is seriously good. In fact, it may be better than the 95 Roumier CM which is still drinking great at age 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel Deutsch
                      Thanks for the note, Don. I've had one of my 05 Roumier CMs, and I agree with you-- it is seriously good. In fact, it may be better than the 95 Roumier CM which is still drinking great at age 13.
                      The 1990 is still there also, fading......but still there.......
                      They call me Sir-Mix-A-Lot.

Comment

Had the 01 last night and it was still a baby.

Comment

Thanks Don.
                          I will use this 05 as a reverse reference for the single bottle of 02 I have of this. I would assume both are similar given the producer and great vintages.

Comment

Don, thanks for the note. I had this a couple of months ago and even though I thought it was great, too young perhaps, a little too much fruit sweetness for me, like the Mugnier CM I think you can find better value wines from less revered domaines at similar price. Having said this I am pleased to have it in the cellar and I am a great Roumier fan - the 99 BM being my wine of the year.
                            "...sure I love these great Rhone and Bordeaux..., now would that be a bottle of Burgundy we see over there."

Comment

Originally posted by David Sankaran
                              Hi Don,

Glad to see it still works for you...based on your earlier notes I bought loads of this...haven't tried one from my stash yet (that I recall...did we have this at LPdH?).

What do you think...are they closing up? Leave 'em for how long?
                              Dave,
                              This stuff is still pretty open but you can tell it is starting to firm up a little.
                              I don't know how long it will stay like this.
                              Happy New Year to you.
                              Don
                              "We are all mortal until the first kiss and the second glass of wine." Eduardo Galeano

"Partaking of wine is a matter of moderation. Wine warms us and invigorates us; we offer it to the weak for comfort ... Sobriety is not abstinence from this delicious beverage; it is moderation. "
                              St. Thomas Acquinas 12 century AD

Comment

Thread started by an RobertParker subscriberThread started by an RobertParker subscriber
                              Thread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewerThread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewer
                              No new posts No new posts  
                              Closed Thread Thread is closed Thread Contains a Message Written By You You have posted in this thread
                              Working...
                              X