No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Pegau, 2000 Vatican Sixtine, 2001 Solitude, 2001 Paloma & 2001 Two Hands Lily's

I and three other wine loving friends had a great get together by a lake (in one of their houses) yesterday. It was an informal gathering that reinforced everythiung I love about this hobby: sharing wine, memories and laughs. I did not take notes but these are my general impressions:

2000 Vatican Reserve Sixtine Chateauneuf du Pape
    Very dark. Nose was reticent at first. Very tannic, but with a lot of fruit extract. New wood is obviously used here. Needs 3-4 years for tannins to soften more. 91+ points

2001 Domaine de la Solitude Chateauneuf du Pape
    Beautiful dark ruby. Very fruity, no hint of wood, delicious and open knit. 90 points

1998 Domaine Pegau Chateauneuf du Pape (Magnum)
    Incredible wine. Open, gorgeous nose of provenzal herbs, dark fruit with perceptible tanin but no wood related aromatics. 93 points.

2001 Two Hands Lily's Garden Shiraz
    Inky puplish color. Strong mose of licorice, vanila and blueberry. Thick and slightly hot at first, it evolved nicely over an hour to fininsh mellower, but a better wine. 93 points

2001 Paloma Merlot
    This is my third bottle and it did not perform as well as the first two. Color was a beautiful opaque purple. Nose was all fruit, some toasty oak, but it dissapointed on the palate with too much heat that never went away. 88 points. I rated the other two much higher (93-95).

It was a great evening of catching up with life long friens that live in different cities. We finished the evening smoking Cuban Montecristo Number 2s and sipping Buller's Fine Muscat (as good as always).

Thread started by an RobertParker subscriberThread started by an RobertParker subscriber
Thread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewerThread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewer
No new posts No new posts  
Closed Thread Thread is closed Thread Contains a Message Written By You You have posted in this thread
Working...
X