Home User Control Panel Members List FAQ Search Mark Forums Read
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luciano Sandrone BLV '98

Decanted for 2 hours and served out of the decanter.

Beautiful and intense nose of dark cherries, roses and a slightly cedary note. Medium bodied and silky on the palate. The finish was slightly short, tannins have softened. Nonetheless a very elegant and refined wine, drinking very nicely at the moment. This is def less full bodied than the CB '98 but I almost prefer it for its elegance.

Re: Luciano Sandrone BLV '98

BLV?

Then why not BCB?
    Ken V

The Fine Wine Geek
    "Don't be meek, embrace the geek."

Comment

Good point professor!

Christoph, actually a little surprised this is drinking as well as it did for you, although your descriptors are all secondary. The vast majority of '98s I've tried over the past year+ have been still quite decidedly on the underdeveloped side and in need of another 5 yrs of cellar time for my palate, which leans toward tertiary development.

As for Le Vigne vs. Cannubi Boschis, I find both quite attractive, but for very different reasons.
      - rico
      ITB - Colorado Importer/Distributor

Comment

I can see that I'm not an eloquent wine writer

Hi Rico, I had the 98 Le Vigne on 2 occasions and thought that this time it was q memorable. One of the attractions of drinking good Barolos for me is also about a bit of a tannic bite on the finish which was a bit sedated in the 98 and I suspect this not to change going fwd. The last time I had the Cannubi Boschis 98 in 2010 I thought the fruit was very primary and the wine was too young to drink, thats why I havent touched it since.

Comment

Thread started by an RobertParker subscriberThread started by an RobertParker subscriber
        Thread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewerThread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewer
        No new posts No new posts  
        Closed Thread Thread is closed Thread Contains a Message Written By You You have posted in this thread
        Working...
        X