Home User Control Panel Members List FAQ Search Mark Forums Read
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sottimano vs Produttori?

I have tasted Produttori many times. Haven't yet tasted a Sottimano. From what I read he is making great wines of late. Can some one explain the Sottimano's style of making Barbaresco.

The reason I am comparing Sottimano to Produttori (and not to Giacosa) is to some extent from $ perspective.

Thanks

Re: Sottimano vs Produttori?

Sottimano is fairly Burgundian in style. They are terrific wines and a good value.

Byron

Comment

Very good wines. Different style than the produttori. I prefer the produttori.

Comment

You can't go wrong with both for value and the quality of the wines. The Sottimono is more artistic and made with softer tones and nuisances, as described above as more Burgundian. The Produttori is the product of some of the best grape sources of Nebbiolo in the Barbaresco region of Piedmont, making both the single vineyard wines and value based normale bottling bending various vineyards at about half the price. There are some very good posts on the board addressing both wineries, so I suggest you do a search to read more about them to focus your search. My suggestion - buy both before the masses discover Piedmont like other top wine producing regions in the World.

Comment

helpful post. love to hear more specifics with regards to particular bottlings.
          Rasoul Salehi (ITB)
          www.levieuxpin.ca
          www.lastella.ca

Comment

Thread started by an RobertParker subscriberThread started by an RobertParker subscriber
          Thread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewerThread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewer
          No new posts No new posts  
          Closed Thread Thread is closed Thread Contains a Message Written By You You have posted in this thread
          Working...
          X