Home User Control Panel Members List FAQ Search Mark Forums Read
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bussola TB Valpolicella Classico 2007

Impressive wine, but not my cup of tea. It's just way too sweet for my palate.

But still a great wine for people who enjoy rich dark, brooding flavors framed by chocolaty oak. Pretty soft tannins as well, so really round mouthfeel, finishing with juicy acidity. 91/100 p.

I've never had their Amarone. Is it like this wine on steroids?
    Jörgen Lindström Carlvik
    ITB!!! SWEDISH WINE IMPORTER, SOMMELIER AND WINE EDUCATOR FOCUSING ON "PRETTY GOOD WINES" www.brixwine.se

Re: Bussola TB Valpolicella Classico 2007

I've never been a fan of Bussola's TB Valpol., but love every other wine in the line up.

IMO, neither their Amarone Classico or TB is not like the Vapol Tb on steroids.
    - rico
    ITB - Colorado Importer/Distributor

Comment

Rico; if you like to other Bussola wines - why not this one? Just curious... I wasn't fond of this one either!
      Jörgen Lindström Carlvik
      ITB!!! SWEDISH WINE IMPORTER, SOMMELIER AND WINE EDUCATOR FOCUSING ON "PRETTY GOOD WINES" www.brixwine.se

Comment

I find it a little thick, muddy and excessively rustic considering the house style leans toward a more clean and elegant expression. You might try his Valpolicella Superiore Ca' del Laito, which is half the cost of the TB and far more interesting to me.

I very much like the other wines in the TB line, especially the Recioto (one of the finest available and in great vintages on par with Dal Forno and Quintarelli) and the Amarone Vigneto Alto.
        - rico

Comment

Jorgen, if you haven't already seen Loren's thread on a recent Amarone tasting, take a look: http://dat.erobertparker.com/bboard/...d.php?t=244160
          - rico

Comment

Thread started by an RobertParker subscriberThread started by an RobertParker subscriber
          Thread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewerThread has a post by a Wine Advocate reviewer
          No new posts No new posts  
          Closed Thread Thread is closed Thread Contains a Message Written By You You have posted in this thread
          Working...
          X